color*breeze
the reachable sky is still too far away
but i will get there somehow

Monday, November 26, 2007

Here I Come Ilhan!!!!!!

In about 24hrs, I wld be busy getting ready to get myself to the airport. The day that I've been waiting for since uni is finally here, it is kinda surreal if you ask me. The trip that took us abt 3yrs in the making is coming true really, really soon.

The surrealism and mixed feelings are sthg which I am not expectig AT ALL!

It is surreal cos all we did were just talk, talk and more talk abt going to Ilhan Mansiz's homeland. But in abt 24hrs time, I wld be making my way there! There! To TURKEY!!!! The thought that I wld be stepping on Turkish soil is crazieee! I wld be breathing the same air as Ilhan and Emre.... I wld be eating kebabs in Turkey itself.... I wld be bargaining at the Grand Bazaar... I wld be straddling between 2 continents! All that happening in mere 24hrs!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time when we wanted to book our tix, it didnt materalise cos mummy was making so much noise as I had just finished uni and I had no income of my own. I guess I'm glad it didnt happen, cos now, the trip feels a lil more special as it is from my own savings, blood, sweat and tears. Gotta thanx dad though for contributing some moolahs for the trip, but that moolah is going straight to my savings account. 2009 hopefully Europe and 2010 wld be Johannesburg! Hopefully! Keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed!!

Mixed feelings............. Hmmmmm....... This is the hard and surprising part. I am already missing my mum whenever I picture myself being in Turkey without her for 11 days... 11 days without mummy dearest!!! Those who know me well, you knew what happened in Ubin.... The longest I have been apart from my mum was 5 days and that was pretty bad.... I am so scared that instead of enjoying myself, I wld be homesick! I know that I'll miss my mummy but I hope not to miss her like crazy... I dun wanna see my mummy's face in every good-looking, eligible Turkish guy I see... That wld be fweaky!!!!

I am feeling a lil sad cos I'm leaving her for such a long period. I know she wld be worried and missing me a lot. There'll be no one at home for her to nag at or to irritate her. I dun care if my hp bill gonna cost a bomb, I'm so gonna call her everyday! I know that it is hard for her to let me leave her for 11 days... I bet it feels like 110 days to her... Sighhhh... MUMMY, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

I know I am supposed to enjoy myself after all these years of waiting, but I just can help feeling melancholic abt the whole trip. It cld be cos it is my first time being away from home for a long period of time. I know that I wld be missing some pple when I'm away.... I hope to be missed my many and not be forgotten by one.....

Posted at 11:16 PM
0 comments

  • Lynna
  • Me, Myself and I
  • Complex, Dreamer, Figure Me Out



tagboard

recent-letters

remembered

tags