color*breeze
the reachable sky is still too far away
but i will get there somehow

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Verses of Love

ayat-ayat cinta

Treated mummy, aunt and couz to the movies today to celebrate Mother's Day. I had other things in plan too but too bad, had some changes so only managed to treat them to the movie.

After much talked abt hype and reviews on the Indonesian movie, Ayat-Ayat Cinta (Verses of Love), I was looking forward to it when they published in the papers that Cathay will be showing it in S'pore. Since mummy wanna watch it too, I didnt waste anytime when it was released in S'pore. All I can say is that it is a BEAUTIFUL story in every aspect.

I think everyone, regardless of Muslim or Non-Muslim, shld catch it. It portrayed the beauty of Islam and the most importantly, the true Islam. I have to say that I did learn and come to realise a lot of things while watching the movie. The film displayed very well the essence of faith, sacrifice and sincerity in different aspect of human relationship; neighbours, friends, teachers, loved ones and God Almighty.

I feel that everything tied in well for the movie as it is able to deliver the message really well. It showed how when one has strong faith in in your loved ones in the name of God and is sincere in sacrificing in the name/path of God, everything will end up well. There will be test along the journey but it is a way of God talking and testing your faith. But as human, we tend to falter when tested and this movie showed how important it is to return to your faith and try to overcome each hurdle with patience.

Besides being a religious film, it is also a romance film. I absolutely love the idea how Islam sees love and marriage. You do not get married in the name of love only but you get married in the name of God too. You fall in love with the person cos Allah wills it to. I just love the idea that you fall in love or get married cos Allah has chosen the perfect soulmate for you. Its like you fell in love in the name of God and when the couple is tested but with deep faith in each other and most importantly God, it wld only strengthen the relationship. Sincerity too played a big part in the relationship, when you are not sincere, there are bound to be problem along the way. One line in the movie stuck to me, " Soulmates is Allah's secret," which is true. In fact, I believe Life itself is Allah's secret cos only He truly knows what lies in front of you.

Sighhhhh..... what can I say, I absolutely love the movie.... It may be a lil idealistic cos not many is blessed with strong faith like Fahri, but it at least gives us hope that if you truly believe and have faith in Him, everything will be alright no matter what everyday life problems you are facing. So pple, go watch the movie!!!!!


Posted at 12:48 AM
0 comments

  • Lynna
  • Me, Myself and I
  • Complex, Dreamer, Figure Me Out



tagboard

recent-letters

remembered

tags